The people tasked with securing the modern midsize enterprise need help. Both the severity and complexity of threats are escalating. Alerts flow endlessly into SOCs at rates no human could possibly match yet still demand immediate responses — malicious actors are operating at machine speeds, and delays can mean devastating breaches. Staff burnout and turnover are notoriously high.
A new approach was clearly needed. Our recent white paper lets readers hear directly from a variety of experts in data science, operations, and security at ActZero, who have collaboratively built a new kind of cybersecurity company on a foundation of state-of-the-art data science. This hyperscale SOC pushes the boundaries of machine learning and increases signal-to-noise in detections of ransomware attacks, suspicious scripting, cloud intrusions, and other threats.
Our white paper will:
- Demonstrate that despite the hype of artificial intelligence, data science alone is no panacea — machine learning must be properly implemented and maintained, not just “bolted on” after the fact.
- Help your organization avoid the pitfalls of modernizing your security operations through the first-hand experiences of industry professionals.
- Explore the irony that a “security first” approach doesn’t actually scale, leaving organizations less secure despite the best intentions.
How data science empowers human threat hunters
Multi-disciplinary team members behind the hyperscale SOC tell in their own words how:
- High-fidelity detections that are truly indicative of malicious behaviour reduce time wasted on false positives.
- Improved signal-to-noise combats alert fatigue and helps prevent staff exhaustion.
- Security professionals and data scientists collaborate on approaches to catch attackers, not just attacks.
Enabling advances in automation at scale
Hear directly from teams members on:
- How trained models can respond to potential attacks at machine speeds — and why that’s critical in today’s security environment.
- Investigating where automation stood to save SOC personnel the greatest amount of time, without sacrificing quality of response.
- Deconstructing security operations and building them back from scratch, in order to operationalize for hyper-scalability.
To learn more with technical and business-facing resources read our Executive Summary.