Antivirus (AV) software has generally been regarded by businesses as the best and simplest defense to keeping data and systems secure. That somehow, it is nearly unconquerable. In reality, while most AV products are certainly a must-have in your security solutions suite, they do not provide 100% protection against threats.
Traditional signature-based antivirus software is fairly simple. It generally uses a database of virus signatures composed of previously identified viruses found in attacks. Requiring regular updating to keep current with fast-moving and increasingly sophisticated threats, like fileless attacks - which leave no footprints for antivirus products to detect.
NGAV and MDR
Adding Next Generation Antivirus (NGAV) to your cybersecurity stack helps protect against both unknown and known threats. Our cloud-native and on-device NGAV solution, part of our Managed Detection and Response platform, is designed to employ a lightweight agent that is unobtrusive and has a minimal endpoint impact.
By adding in our machine learning (ML), behavioral detection, and artificial intelligence, ActZero’s NGAV eliminates reliance on signatures to detect malicious activity, enabling threats to be exposed faster and more accurately, and be blocked in near real time. Our integrated threat intelligence enables the immediate assessment of the origins, impact, and severity of threats in the environment, rapidly adjusting to changing tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) used by adversaries in attacks. And, our MDR service provides detailed guidance for response and remediation.
ActZero’s NGAV solution provides a number of prevention capabilities including for known and unknown malware, and malware-free attacks including:
- Signature-less malware protection, using ML algorithms to increase the likelihood that a file is malicious. Reducing time-to-value on new threat to zero
- Indicators of Attack (IOAs) detections that correlate endpoint events to find indications of stealthy malicious activity. The online algorithms that use ML do not require entire data sets to perform useful analysis, and therefore much faster
- Behaviour-based event detections such as ransomware, rate of file operations, suspicious process chains, persistence, etc.
- Exploit Detections, helping catch and stop attacks such as drive-by downloads
- Lateral movement and credential access protections, designed to mitigate movement of attackers across customer environments
Compare ActZero with CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint Protection Solutions by reading our solution brief below!