As maritime technology rapidly accelerates and the industry becomes increasingly dependent on the internet, network, and satellite transmissions, vulnerability to ransomware attacks on systems ashore and afloat looms large. To prevent critical industry disruptions, shipowners, operators, and charterers must understand the risks at stake and what preventative actions can be taken.
Watch the leadership of ABS Wavesight™ and ActZero™ for an open discussion on maritime cybersecurity risks, the role technology and regulations play, and how companies can better prepare for potential attacks.
• The relationship between changing technology and security needs
• Current cybersecurity regulations
• Critical cybersecurity challenges facing the industry
• The costs and affects of ransomware attacks
• Preventative actions that maritime companies can take