There’s no better time to deal with a cybersecurity incident than before it has ever happened. Most midsize businesses have at the very least a bare-bones incident response (IR) plan in place. But will it work when the ultimate test arrives - an active attack on your business?
Understanding the basic concepts of triage, incident definition, and escalation is essential. But there are so many critical components in IR plans that can easily be missed or devalued.
Watch Adam Mansour, Chief Security Officer, and Aaron McIntosh, Director of Product Marketing at ActZero, for this fireside chat as they discuss:
- How to prepare for the improvement of an existing plan (or the development of a new one), starting with some timely self-assessment
- How regular practicing of your IR plan can pay huge dividends if and when it needs to be put into action
- What it takes to create a better plan
The resources referenced in this chat are:
- Ransomware Readiness Assessment
- eBook: Foundations for Incident Response Readiness
- eBook: Elevating Incident Response Readiness
- Tool-kit: Incident Response Foundations Templates and Checklists
- Multi-level Extortion Response Playbook
- Video: Conducting Incident Response Fire Drills
- Blog: Tenets of Incident Response Postmortem (RCA)
- Template: Core Security Function Planning